Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

ADVERTISEMENTS
A big thank you to the lovely Heather Taylor from The Dream Machine for this award! :)


"Write 7 things about yourself and tag 7 others to receive the award" - That's the rules so here goes:
  1. I have a small place in my heart for Miley Cyrus, and I hate to say it. I know very well that she's fast becoming the next youth-star-turns-train-wreck but after seeing her perform live (she can actually sing live which is rare in itself, while jumping around the stage with so much energy) and reading the back of her autobiography with the 50 things she wants to do before she dies (thanks to my younger sister) I can't help but admire her ambition and hope that she makes it through the transition from Disney star to fully fledged solo artist. Everyone forgets that they all start somewhere.
  2. I'm about 110% sure that I have S.A.D - Seasonal Affective Disorder. I absolutely hate the cold with a passion. The older I get the more sensitive I become to it and the less excited I am about snow, which is kind of inconvenient with the abnormal mass of snowfall we've had this winter. I am definitely a human sunflower, warm weather and sunny days alone can make me so happy. My ideal situation would love to live in New York but with California's weather... My mum would have a panic attack if I moved there with the predicted earthquake/tsunami with it being on the fault line, ha :')
  3. I never thought I would be the sort of person who would actually really want to leave university. Since the age of 13 I've been ordering prospectuses and deciding which course I wanted to do (always fashion journalism/marketing related), but the course I am on isn't occupying me enough. I'd much rather intern unpaid for 3 years and work my butt off doing that, funnily enough. The university I ended up at is also so small and in such a small town that it didn't live up to my expectations at all and despite now living in London, I am constantly bored there and have more of a social life at home (which I couldn't wait to get away from) or in Leeds, where my boyfriend studies and I visit every other weekend.
  4. I am pretty quiet when I don't know people very well, and people often mistake this for ignorance or snobbery or something. I don't know what it is, I think it's just a confidence issue and I'm scared of making an idiot of myself straight away. As I meet more people and get into more social situations with age I am slightly improving but the underlying confidence thing probably won't go away for a while. I've had it since I was ickle.
  5. I have a bit of a pet hate for people with narrow minds and no ambition in life. I don't understand where the drive is in these people... how do they get through the days? People that don't want anything or to go anywhere or do anything. Maybe life would be so much more content, but it's not for me.
  6. When I was younger, inbetween my phase of wanting to be a designer then being certain I wanted to go into styling/editing, I wanted to be Britney Spears. I wanted to be a child star, I wanted my own show like Amanda Bynes, I wanted to win a model competition and be in ElleGirl, and maybe have my own column like Peaches (grrr) Geldof. Even being a backing dancer would suffice. Anyway I was obsessed with Britney and had a wall plastered in pictures of her, even tiny little pictures in magazines about the size of my thumb would be carefully trimmed and stuff onto my wall. My mum told me to take them all down eventually. Perhaps this is where my little love for Miley stems from, and the not-understanding-lack-of-ambition thing.
  7. I would like to travel the world please. Any donations welcome. The sunnier the better.


    Wow that took me a while haha. Anyway here's my seven bloggers I would like to award:
    Cupcakes & Cashmere, Julest, Oh So Coco, The Cherry Blossom Girl, Fashion Gone Rogue, Unicorn Orgy, Discotheque Confusion

Post Title Beautiful Blogger Award

ADVERTISEMENTS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...