Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Word of Advice

ADVERTISEMENTS
If you plan on going to the Pop Life exhibition at the Tate Modern (London) I advise that you do not go with your parents.



Dismissing signs stating that there would be explicit sexual material in some rooms - thinking it would be pretty mild - I was a little surprised to walk into a very graphic room full of Jeff Koons' not so finest peices. Big images, up close and personal, awkward alone never mind with your Dad and step-mother.


However, if you can bypass this it is worth a visit. I'm one of those 'fashion people' who will not pretend she is an art-type to fit in or sound intellectual, but I enjoyed this. I understood most of it (my parents did not) and I have a soft spot for Andy Warhol now more than ever. Such a funny character and so ahead of his time with his hunger for fame etc. (Paris Hilton and co. anyone?)


For more info visit the wesbite.


Post Title A Word of Advice

ADVERTISEMENTS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...